Monday, February 20, 2012

Bluetooth dongle for a quid

My laptop doesn't have Bluetooth but my new Android phone does. I remember seeing Bluetooth dongles in Poundworld a few years ago, and they seemed like a bargain because they are much more expensive elsewhere. When I bought the phone, I looked again, but there were none in stock. A couple of days ago they were back in stock, and I snapped one up. It works with Debian. Here's a photo I just sent to the laptop.


The dongle looks almost exactly like this offering from Argos at £10, except for the CE logo and the order of the grip ridges (getting bigger towards the outer edge in the Poundworld dongle, the reverse in the Argos one).


Another blog on the bargain dongle: Can you find a decent gadget in a pound shop?

Here's a shot of the packaging while I'm playing with the dongle.


No comments:

Post a Comment